Frequently Asked Questions
Do you charge for the initial consultation?
- No, our initial meeting is complimentary. You can decide if you would like to proceed and have a professionally prepared resume designed based on your career goals!
- We'll discuss a convenient time to meet via phone; unlike some resume writing services, we meet and talk about your career direction.
Is it necessary to meet in person?
- Consultations and sharing of documents are accomplished via a phone call and email, or a document sharing service.
- In order to keep costs down, and pass on the savings to my clients, I do not have a "brick and mortar" office.
Do you offer weekend and evening appointments?
- Most initial and resume review meetings are conducted during regular business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, CST, USA. However, due to time zone differences, and special needs, accommodations can be made. My goal is to meet your needs; if you have a deadline, I'll do my best to accommodate a quick turnaround. This is, of course, dependent on current obligations to other clients, and your timely input.
I just need feedback on my current resume. Can you help?
- During your initial consultation, we'll review and discuss your current resume, as well as your goals. I do not provide guidance in the initial free consultation on steps you can take to self-edit your resume. Your professionally prepared resume is a part of a comprehensive package and ensures you develop your personal brand.
How long does the whole process take?
- Every client's workload, personal and professional schedule is different.
- We'll discuss this during our initial consultation, but typically, your initial draft will be delivered in 3-5 business days.
- Timeline to complete your resume is dependent on your availability as well; as we must meet for draft and final reviews.
- There will be many questions, and perhaps requests for additional information during the resume design process.
What is the success rate?
The are many factors that impact success rate and a single percentage cannot be assigned. Factors include:
- Applying for positions that are above or below your level of expertise.
- The number of positions you apply for on a daily basis.
- The type of job you are applying for and the market demand for your career field.
- How you prepare for interviews.
- And much more!
How do I pay for your services?
- You will receive an invoice via email, and can pay by any major credit card. This is a simple and safe way to do business.
What if I work with you, and a year later I want my resume updated?
- We can certainly help! Just call or complete the contact form and we'll agree on a fee. Fees depend on the complexity of the changes, the amount of time that has passed and the nature of the changes involved.
Have an question not covered in the FAQs?
Ready to take the next steps?
Complete the contact form and your initial consultation will be established at a time that is convenient for you!