Frequently Asked Questions
Do you charge for the initial consultation?
- No, our initial meeting is complimentary. You can decide if you would like to proceed and have a professionally prepared resume designed based on your career goals!
- We'll discuss a convenient time to meet via phone; unlike some resume writing services, we meet and talk about your career direction.
Is it necessary to meet in person?
- Consultations and sharing of documents are accomplished via a phone call and email, or a document sharing service.
- In order to keep costs down, and pass on the savings to my clients, I do not have a "brick and mortar" office.
Do you offer weekend and evening appointments?
- Most initial and resume review meetings are conducted during regular business hours, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday, CST, USA. However, due to time zone differences, and special needs, accommodations can be made. My goal is to meet your needs; if you have a deadline, I'll do my best to accommodate a quick turnaround. This is, of course, dependent on current obligations to other clients, and your timely input.
I just need feedback on my current resume. Can you help?
- During your initial consultation, we'll review and discuss your current resume, as well as your goals. I do not provide guidance in the initial free consultation on steps you can take to self-edit your resume. Your professionally prepared resume is a part of a comprehensive package and ensures you develop your personal brand.
How long does the whole process take?
- Every client's workload, personal and professional schedule is different.
- We'll discuss this during our initial consultation, but typically, your initial draft will be delivered in ~7 business days. I work at your pace - if you are busy, and can't respond to action items and questions, this will increase the timeline for completion.
- There will be many questions, and perhaps requests for additional information during the resume design process.
What is the success rate?
The are many factors that impact success rate and a single percentage cannot be assigned. Factors include:
- Applying for positions that are above or below your level of expertise.
- The number of positions you apply for on a daily basis.
- The type of job you are applying for and the market demand for your career field.
- How you prepare for interviews.
- And much more!
How do I pay for your services?
- You will receive an invoice via email, and can pay by any major credit card, Venmo or Zelle. This is a simple and safe way to do business.
What if I work with you, and a year later I want my resume updated?
- Call or complete the contact form and we'll agree on a fee. Fees depend on the complexity of the changes, the amount of time that has passed and the nature of the changes involved. For example, adding a position will require editing the resume to maintain 2-pages, or expanding a 1-page resume to 2-pages.
Have an question not covered in the FAQs?
Ready to take the next steps?
Complete the contact form and your initial consultation will be established at a time that is convenient for you!